Best Anti-Spam Email Filters for Thunderbird
Spam emails bombard our inboxes constantly, almost daily, and we are all victims of this. As we all know, the majority of spam emails contain malicious files or malware, which can cause damage to the system or network, as well as the theft of information from the system or network. As a result, we must make every effort to protect ourselves from spam emails. Anti-spam email filters assist us in remaining safe from all types of spam emails.
Thunderbird is a popular email client that many of us use to organize our email communication. As a result, let’s go over three popular anti-spam email filters for Thunderbird that can assist us in filtering out and removing spam from all of the emails we receive…
Thunderbird’s built-in anti-spam email filter Thunderbird comes with its anti-spam email filter, which is integrated into the program and is responsible for identifying and filtering spam emails. It works when a user uses the junk tool button to mark a message as junk or legitimate, after which Thunderbird automatically begins identifying and categorizing spam emails, placing them in the corresponding spam box, as explained above.
To enable the Spam Filter in Mozilla Thunderbird, which employs Bayesian statistical analysis to identify and filter out spam email, you must first perform the following steps:
Thunderbird built-in anti-spam email filter
- Activate the “Enable adaptive junk mail controls for the selected account” checkbox in the Junk Settings category for each of your accounts.
- To proceed, click OK.
- Comodo Dome Antispam is spam-blocking software.
- The Comodo Dome anti-spam software, which is designed for businesses, is highly recommended as the best anti-spam email filter by many security experts. Cloud-based Comodo Dome, as well as On-premises and Dedicated, Hosted Cloud versions, is available, and it offers a slew of useful features, such as antivirus scanning and filtering, containment, email classification and archiving, auto-whitelisting, user authentication, and a Reputation Network, among others.
- Comodo Dome is a comprehensive threat prevention system that works in conjunction with spam filters, antivirus scanners, and a highly effective content analysis engine to identify and filter out spam emails in real-time. The user-friendly software is in high demand due to its automatic containment and intelligent filtering capabilities, which are both built into the software. A centralized management console facilitates the allocation and application of different levels of security to meet the diverse demands of employees representing various departments within an organization.
Comodo Dome Antispam
This free anti-spam filter, which is excellent for Thunderbird, is also compatible with Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, and other email clients, and it can be used on both desktop computers and mobile devices. Using MailWasher, users can preview emails before they are delivered to their inbox. MailWasher is also available in a more advanced paid version.
MailWasher spam filter
Excluding Thunderbird from having the ability to override external spam filters
Follow these steps to prevent Mozilla Thunderbird from overriding external spam filters, as well as to get Thunderbird to accept and use spam filtering scores generated by an external spam filter.
Preventing Thunderbird from overriding external spam filters
- Mozilla Thunderbird should be opened, and the spam filter settings for the selected email account should be displayed.
- Select Preferences > Account Settings > Junk Settings from the menu bar.
- Make certain that the Trust junk mail headers set by: box are checked, and that the list under Selection is visible.
- Select the spam filter that you are currently using from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed, click OK.