How to Use NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to Monitor Bandwidth Usage?
What are the objectives of using the NetFlow Analyzer?
The NetFlow Analyzer is an all-encompassing tool for traffic analytics that offers real-time visibility into how a network is making use of its available bandwidth. The primary function of NetFlow Analyzer is that of a tool for monitoring bandwidth. In this capacity, it assists hundreds of networks around the world in optimizing their network bandwidth and traffic patterns by delivering an all-encompassing picture of the network’s capacity as well as its traffic patterns. It is an all-in-one solution that can collect data, analyze it, and then provide you with information about who is using your network bandwidth and what it is being used for. It works with the Windows operating system as well as the Linux operating system. In addition to performing functions such as network forensics, network traffic analysis, and network flow monitoring, NetFlow Analyzer is a reliable partner that optimizes the bandwidth utilization of more than a million interfaces located all over the world.
There is no need to be concerned; the method is described in depth in the content offered by Solarwinds, which can be accessed through this link. Examining NetFlow on your network can also be done with a free version of the application that can be downloaded from their website and comes with a limited set of features. After you have finished setting up the tool, you can now begin following the instructions that have been provided.
Establishing a Relationship with Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
In order to properly monitor how a network’s bandwidth is being utilized, it is necessary to first identify the users of the network’s bandwidth. This is significant because it helps in determining the fundamental cause of the issue, which is the root of the problem. Solarwinds NTA will, by default, send out alerts whenever the administrator defines a particular predefined value that is exceeded by the amount of bandwidth use (also referred to as bandwidth hogs). 75% of the total has been preset as the default setting. You can make adjustments by going to Alerts and Activity > Alerts and then selecting the appropriate choice from the drop-down menu that appears. After that, go to Manage Alerts and organize the alerts by selecting a trigger action type from the drop-down menu. After that, select Email a Web Page from the list of available options that appears. You are able to modify the value of the alerts that are set by default by selecting them from the drop-down menu.
Additionally, how to configure Windows 10 to connect to a wireless network is covered in this article.
When a warning about bandwidth consumption is generated on your network, you will be able to determine which users are taking up the most bandwidth (the users who spend the most bandwidth). After an alert has been triggered, you will immediately be notified of the event via an email that is sent to you automatically. The following is a guide that will help you determine who the most influential people are:
- Log in to the account you created when you set up the alert so you can learn more about the individuals who are receiving the most attention. This is the email address that the notification message will be sent to when it is ready. The next step is for you to open the questionable email and then click the link that is contained within it. If you choose to click on this, you will be taken to the page that contains the details of the interface that was analyzed by the NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. Here, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the interface that was responsible for the alert.
- Look at the resource graph for the Top 5 Endpoints, if you please. This method will show which endpoint is consuming the most bandwidth by identifying which endpoint is using the most bandwidth.
- Select the endpoint from the graph that is using the most bandwidth, and then click on it. This will allow you to check the specifics of that endpoint.
- Using the information that has been provided, you will be able to determine which users are consuming the vast majority of the available bandwidth.
Monitoring the amount of bandwidth that is currently being used
- You will need to select the interface that you want to apply filters to after navigating to the NetFlow Interface Details section. Accessing the interfaces of the NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, for instance, can be done by navigating to My Dashboards > NetFlow Traffic Analysis.
- Choose Flow Navigator from the available options in the menu that appears on the screen’s left-hand side.
- Choose Relative Period> 1 month from the drop-down menu labeled Period if you want to change the period.
- Make your selection for “Ingress” in the “Flow Direction” drop-down menu.
- Next, go to the Advanced Applications section and select an application from the list to put directly in the NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Views toolbar. This can be done by going to the Advanced Applications section.
- To finish up the process, all that’s left to do is click the “Submit” button.
Questions That Are Typically Asked by Visitors:
How can I determine how much of the available bandwidth I am using?
If your Internet service provider monitors how much bandwidth you use and restricts your access to specific websites, they almost certainly have a page on their customer account website that shows how much data you’ve used in the previous month. If this is the case, you can check this page to see how much data you’ve used. After all, they are already monitoring the amount of data you use on their end of the equation and keeping track of it.
How can one most effectively monitor the amount of bandwidth that is being consumed by each individual device?
If you want information that is as accurate as possible, the best place to look is in the router to find out how much bandwidth is being used by the devices on your network. This is because your router acts as a hub for all of the devices that you have connected to it. You will be able to determine the data usage information for each device in the router’s configuration if you make use of the IP and MAC addresses that are assigned to each individual device.
See also: How to make backups of your server with Solarwinds Backup.
What are some ways that I can monitor everything that I do online?
Monitoring the browser history, reading temporary Internet cache files, and tracking Internet activity with the network router are the three most fundamental and cost-effective methods for keeping tabs on how people use the Internet. There are a variety of methods available for monitoring how people use the Internet.
How much of the total bandwidth that is available is actually being used?
Bandwidth utilisation is both the total amount of bandwidth that is used on a network or network segment and a breakdown of the total amount of traffic that uses that bandwidth. Through the utilization of advanced monitoring tools for networks, they are able to track traffic over extremely large and intricate networks and determine how bandwidth is being utilized.
What exactly is the NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, and how exactly does it function?
The SolarWinds® NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) gives you the ability to collect data from ongoing streams of network traffic and transform those raw numbers into charts and tables that are simple to understand. These charts and tables quantify exactly how the business network is being used, including by whom and for what purpose.