How to play Xbox One games on PC with Xbox Play Anywhere
With Xbox Play Anywhere, you can play Xbox One games on your personal computer without having to pay any additional fees.
You can also stream games from your Xbox One to your Windows 10 computer, but you’ll need an internet connection at all times.
During the process, the data from your games will be synchronised between your Xbox One console and your computer.
You’re in luck if you’ve ever considered playing games designed for Xbox One on a personal computer instead. A great number of games designed for Xbox One can be played without difficulty on a computer running Windows 10. You won’t have to compete with anyone else in the house to use the sole Xbox console, which is great news for households that only have one console.
On your personal computer, you can play Xbox One games in two different ways. The first option is to use a service provided by Microsoft known as Xbox Play Anywhere. The second choice calls for you to stream the game through Windows 10, which calls for an active internet connection at all times. The following is an in-depth walkthrough of each approach.
What exactly is meant by “Xbox Play Anywhere”?
Xbox Play Anywhere is a feature that, in a nutshell, gives you the ability to download and play the Windows version of select Xbox One games that are stored in your digital library.
If the game is compatible with Xbox Play Anywhere, you will be able to download it from the Microsoft Store at no additional cost. This will give you the same benefits as if you owned two copies of the game.
Additionally, you are able to synchronise your game data between your PC and Xbox One, which includes your game progress as well as your Achievements and Gamerscore.
A helpful hint: To determine whether or not you can download and play an Xbox One game on your personal computer, look for the Xbox Play Anywhere icon on the game’s listing in the Xbox Store or the Microsoft Store.
How to use Xbox Play Anywhere on your personal computer to play games from your Xbox One
1. To get started, go to the website for Xbox Play Anywhere and sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Navigate to this page, where you will scroll through the list of games until you find the one you want to play, and then click on it. Remember that if you do not already own the game, you will need to go out and buy it in order to play it.
There is a listing for Fallout Shelter in the Microsoft Store, with the “Get” button being highlighted.
A price will be displayed next to any games that you do not already own on this page. Stefan Ionescu
3. Click the Install To button if you already own the game.
4. On the pop-up, select the PC tab, and then click the button labelled Launch for Windows to begin installing the game using the Xbox app.
5. A notification will appear in your browser asking you to launch the Xbox app in order to continue downloading the game. Select the Open Xbox button.
6. The Xbox app will become available to download at the same time that the game is listed on the Microsoft Store. After selecting “My Library” from the sidebar on the left, select “Game” from the drop-down menu.
7. Select the Install option.
8. Select a destination for the download, and then click the Install button.
9. When the download of the game is complete, select the Play button to begin playing the game.
An image of the Fallout Shelter product listing from the Microsoft Store, with the “Play” button in bold.
There is a possibility that you will need to use the Microsoft Store in order to install and play the game. Stefan Ionescu
How to stream games from your Xbox One to your computer and play them on Windows 10
You have no other choice but to use streaming to play the game if the Xbox Play Anywhere catalogue does not include the title you want to access remotely and play on another device.
In order to accomplish this goal, both your personal computer and your Xbox One console will need to share an internet connection. You will also need to ensure that both of your systems maintain an active internet connection. If you lose your internet connection, you will not be able to watch the stream.
Additionally, you need to ensure that both your Xbox One and your Windows 10 computer have the most recent updates installed. If there are any updates that have not yet been installed, do so now.
1. While on the Home screen of your Xbox One, press the Xbox button located on the controller.
2. Go to the Profile & System tab and then choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
On an Xbox One, the “Profile & System” tab, with the “Settings” option being the one that is highlighted.
Make your selection under “Settings,” then press “A.” Stefan Ionescu 3. Under the tab labelled Devices & connections, choose the Remote features option.
On an Xbox One, the “Device & connections” settings are selected and highlighted on the left panel, and the “Remote features” options are selected and highlighted on the right panel.
Choose “Remote features” from the drop-down menu under “Devices & connections.” Stefan Ionescu
4. Select the desired settings for the Xbox app.
Settings for “Remote features” on Xbox One, with “Xbox app preferences” being the one that is highlighted.
When streaming games on your personal computer, you will need to use the Xbox app. Stefan Ionescu
5. Select either Allow connections from any device or Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox under the Xbox app. Click the Allow game streaming to other devices option located under This Xbox.
Settings for the Xbox app on Xbox One, highlighting the options to “Allow connections from any device,” “Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox,” and “Allow game streaming to other devices.”
Make sure that the Xbox app as well as your own Xbox are both properly set up. Stefan Ionescu
6. You can connect your Xbox One controller to your personal computer by using either a Bluetooth or a USB connection.
A helpful hint: If you want to connect your Xbox One controller to your personal computer (PC), all you have to do is use a Micro-USB cable to plug it into your computer, and you’ll be all set.
7. On your personal computer, select the Start menu, then navigate to the search bar and type “Xbox Console Companion.” Click the Open button once it has appeared.
8. Launch the Xbox Console Companion app on your personal computer. To access the Xbox game library, navigate to the left sidebar and select the icon that looks like a game console. If you move your cursor over it while it’s highlighted, the word “Connection” will appear.
On Windows 10, the Xbox Console Companion app, with an arrow pointing to the “Connection” icon on the left sidebar of the app.
Simply select the “Connection” button located in the sidebar on the left. Stefan Ionescu
9. Select the Xbox console to which you wish to connect by clicking on it.
10. To begin playing, click the Stream button.