Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 Error 0x80070002 – Here we can see “Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070002”
Windows updates add many features, optimizations, and security to the software. However, you may encounter the error code 0x80070002 while installing these updates. This issue can also occur when you update windows 7 to windows 10 Corrupted files or corrupted system files can cause this issue. An incorrect date or time can also cause the error code 0x8007002. This is a well-known issue with windows updates and can be easily fixed on your computer. We’ll show you how to fix the windows feature update error code 0x8007002 in this article.
How to fix Windows feature upgrade error 0x80070002
Correction of your date and/or time
Although this error is not often noticed by users, it can cause your computer to experience error 0x80070002 when installing Windows Update. The solution to this problem is simple. You just need to change your date and time to correct the error. Follow the steps below to change your window’s date and time.
- Press the Windows + I button on the keyboard to go to the Windows setting.
- Select the language and time you prefer.
- Set time must be turned on. After enabling set-time automatically, if you are getting an incorrect date or time, disable it and then click the change button to manually set the date and/or time.
- Now, set the correct date, time, and also the time zone for your computer.
- Now, restart your computer.
Install the pending Windows feature update. If the error message 0x80070002 persists, then you can try the troubleshooting steps.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
To fix error 0x80070002, you can use the built-in windows update troubleshooter. Windows update troubleshooter will locate the errors and give you a solution to any windows update problem on your computer. Follow the below steps to run the windows update troubleshooter.
- Open windows settings again by pressing Windows + I on your keyboard.
- Click on the security and update option
- Click on the Troubleshooting option on the left side.
- Click here to view additional troubleshooting tips.
- Click on Windows Update and choose Run the Troubleshooter.
- Windows will now detect any windows update errors on your computer and give you a solution. The problem will be resolved on your computer if you apply the solution.
You can fix error 0x80070002 by troubleshooting windows update errors. Follow the steps below if you still experience this problem on your computer.
Also, make sure to check:Fix Nvidia Geforce experience error code 0x0003
Start Windows Update Services
The error code 0x80070002 can be displayed on your computer if the windows update service is not functioning properly. The windows update error can be fixed by restarting the windows service. Follow these steps to restart the windows updates service:
- Use the Windows key to open the search service by pressing the Windows key.
- Scroll to the bottom, and click on Windows Update.
- Click on Start if it isn’t running.
- If it is still running, right-click Windows Update and go to All Tasks and choose Restart.
- Restart your computer.
Restarting Windows Update Services will fix error 0x80070002. If the problem persists, then please follow the troubleshooting steps.
Tipo fixes error 0x80070002, you can disable or uninstall any third-party antivirus software.
Also, check out: Fix video scheduler internal error
To fix error 0x80070002, reset the SoftwareDistribution folder
This feature update error 0x80070002 can be caused by a corrupted SoftwareDistribution directory on your computer. Follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Use the Windows key to type “search cmd”
- Right-click the command prompt to select run and administrator
- You can now stop the Windows Update Service by entering the following command at the cmd prompt.
net stop wuauservAfter entering the command hit Enter.
- We now need to rename the software distribution folder. Enter the following command at the command prompt.
cd. hit enter
ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.oldEnter the code.
- After renaming the SoftwareDistribution directory, restart Windows Update Services by entering this command.
net start wuauservEnter the code.
After resetting SoftwareDistributionfolder you can easily install windows update on your pc without facing error 0x80070002 on your pc.
Also, check out: How to fix thread stuck on device driver
To fix files on your computer, run SFC Scan
If the windows to feature upgrade error persist on your computer, you may run the SFC scanner on your computer. SFC scan will identify corrupted and missing files on your computer and fix them. You won’t get error 0x80070002 if the corrupted files have been repaired. Follow these steps to run the SFC scanner.
- Search for cmd in the lower-left corner of the screen and click on it to open as administrator.
- Now type the command prompt SFC/scannowEnter.
- Now, Windows will scan your computer for corrupt files and then fix them. This process will take some time so don’t close your browser or pause it.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer to verify that you can install Windows Update without encountering error 0x80070002.
If the SFC scan is not helpful, then you can try the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Run DISM Command
If the error persists, you can run the dism command. Dism will scan your computer for corrupted files and replace them with newer files. This will correct the error 0x80070002 caused by Windows 10’s feature update.
- Use the Windows key to search cmd, and then right-click the command prompt to run it as administrator.
- Enter the following command, and hit enter.DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/CheckHealth
Wait for the scan process to finish. Windows will fix any corrupt files and improve your windows performance.
Also, check out: Fix audio renderer error
Edit Registry to fix error code 0x80070002
This issue can be fixed by editing the Windows registry. Follow these steps to edit your Windows registry.
- To open the run dialog box, press Windows + r on your keyboard.
- Enter Regedit and hit Enter.
- Now copy and paste the following in the path section of the Registry Editor – Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade
- If OSUpgrade does not exist, right-click the Windows update folder and navigate to new. Click on the key.
- Right-click on key#1 to rename it OSUpgrade
- Right-click the space in the right corner and click on the OSUpgrade folder.
- Click on Next and choose DWORD (32 bit) value.
- Change the name of the new value #1 to AllowOSUpgrade
- Right-click on AllowOSUpgrade, and then click on Modify.
- Enter 1 in the value, data field and click on OK.
- Now, restart your computer.
This will make it impossible to get windows to update the error code of 0x80070002 displayed on your computer.
Modify network settings
You may experience errors when installing Windows updates to your computer if your network configuration is incorrect. These tips will help you fix the error.
- Type control panel into the Windows Key and press Windows Key.
- Click on network and click on the internet.
- Click on the internet options.
- Click on the Connections tab, then click on LAN Settings.
- Check that all boxes are checked. Check any box that is marked as unchecked and clicks on OK.
- Check if the error code 0x80070002 has been fixed.
You should make sure that you aren’t using any VPN on your computer. You can disable or uninstall VPN on your computer and see if it fixes the windows update error.