How To Connect Bluehost To WordPress
You will need hosting if you are looking to create a new website. Bluehost is our preferred choice because of its affordable prices, features, and tools, as well as the ease-of-use and beginner-friendly interface. This guide will show you how to connect Bluehost to WordPress. Once you’re done, you can get started with your new website.
Bluehost: How do I sign up?
Bluehost accounts are the best way to get up and running together.
1. Select a hosting plan
First, choose a hosting plan that meets your needs. Bluehost offers many hosting options.
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Hosting dedicated to your needs
We recommend that you start with a shared hosting plan for budget-minded users, starting at $2.95 per month.
We have provided some additional information to help you choose the right hosting plan for your project.
- What is WordPress Hosting?
- We will discuss the different types of hosting plans.
- VPS hosting vs. shared hosting
2. Register a new domain
All Bluehost plans include a free name for the previous year.
After you have selected your hosting plan, click Create a substitute Domain to settle for your name.
Bluehost will display a list of domain extensions and similar domain names if you type your desired name into the domain search.
If you have a domain name registered with a third-party domain registry, you will use that name instead of creating a new one with Bluehost. Bluehost will help you with this process.
These articles will help you choose the right name for your website.
- How to choose a domain name
- Nine helpful blog name generators
- Guide to domain extensions
3. Enter Bluehost account details
Bluehost will then ask you for personal information to create your account. You can also check in with Google for a faster process.
4. Confirm hosting plan details
Bluehost now displays your plan details. Bluehost offers premium extras by default. Make sure to review them. These include…
- Domain Privacy Protection starting at $11.88 per year
- SiteLock Security (from $23.88 per year)
- CodeGuard Basic starts at $2.99 per month
- Bluehost SEO Tools (from £23.88 per year)
If you don’t know that you require a certain service, we recommend you de-select all add-ons. They are not essential and can be added later if necessary.
You can also choose the length of time you wish to check in to Bluehost under Account Plan. You will get a significant discount if multiple years are planned.
5. Enter your payment details
Bluehost will require you to confirm your order and provide payment details.
Bluehost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy with your hosting plan or service, you can request a refund.
Bluehost will now begin to find out your new hosting plan. You will then be emailed with confirmation of payment and additional account information including password and login details.
How to install WordPress on Bluehost
How to connect Bluehost to WordPress. After you have purchased your hosting plan, it is time to install WordPress on Bluehost. This is often an easy and quick process thanks to Bluehost’s intuitive interface and one-click WordPress establish.
1. Register to Bluehost
To get started:
- Register to create a Bluehost account.
- Click on the My Sites tab.
- Click on the Create Site button in the upper-right corner.
2. Enter your website information
Next, enter basic information about your site, including the address and Site Tagline. Do not stress too much – these can always be changed later.
3. Choose your domain name
After creating your Bluehost account, you can use the Domain drop-down menu to choose the name you want.
Bluehost allows you to choose whether or not you want to install multiple of the recommended plugins.
4. To install WordPress on Bluehost, click “Next”.
How to connect Bluehost to WordPress. Bluehost will install WordPress for your site, create your new WordPress website and display your login details.
Click the Login to WordPress link to open your brand new WordPress website.
Bluehost’s tools: How to create a new WordPress website
It is important to remember that not all steps in this section must be followed. You can create your website with the regular WordPress dashboard.
Bluehost offers its dashboard in the Bluehost area within your WordPress dashboard. This will allow you to rise and run with your site.
You can find the Bluehost region by…
- Create new pages or posts.
- Manage your menus
- WooCommerce allows you to create an eCommerce store
- Set up a staging area to test your website.
- Start your website by disabling the Bluehost “Coming Soon” page.
These are all core WordPress features, but they’re just gathered in one place for you to use.
Bluehost Dashboard may be a useful widget for a new WordPress site. Who knows, you might have some ideas on where to begin? Here’s how to use it
1. Use the Quick Launch Wizard
Bluehost Quick Launch Wizard should be visible when you open your WordPress dashboard.
The Launch Wizard is a great way to get your website started. To set up the Jetpack plugin, WPFormsLite contact form, and cache for your website, follow the wizard instructions. Let’s have a closer look at these features
- Jetpack This multi-functional plugin will help you to improve the safety and performance of your website. It also provides social media features and analytical data about your audience’s behavior on your site. Bluehost Wizard can help you quickly connect with WordPress.com to activate these useful Jetpack modules.
- Contact form: To allow your audience to connect with you and help you expand lead generation, every website should have a contact page. The quick Launch Wizard allows you to quickly find a contact form on your website by using the WP Forms Lite plugin.
- Bluehost offers Caching. This is a built-in caching function. Your website will load quicker once you activate this feature, which is vital for SEO.
2. Select a WordPress theme
How your website looks is controlled by the WordPress theme.
It is important to choose the right WordPress theme. There are many options.
Bluehost Menu might include a Marketplace that offers premium WordPress themes. These themes are available to browse, but you shouldn’t limit yourself to what you see here.
You can find thousands of premium and free WordPress themes outside of the Bluehost Marketplace. We recommend looking at them before you make a decision.
The free Hestia theme is a high-performance, modern one-page theme that’s great for any company. It’s also a great choice to get you going.
There are many premium themes available beyond the Bluehost Marketplace. These theme shops and developers can help you find the right premium theme for your project.
- Elegant Themes
3. Install essential WordPress plugins
How to connect Bluehost to WordPress
- Akismet Anti-Spam
- MonsterInsights is a Google Analytics plugin
- WP Forms Lite
You can delete or install any plugins. We recommend these plugins:
- Yoast Search Engine Optimization: Increase your website’s SEO, and help your pages rank higher in search engines.
- Wordfence Security – This free security plugin includes an endpoint firewall, malware scanner, and a website lock.
- UpdatePlus: To ensure your website is secure, we will quickly restore its original glory if it is hacked.
4. Make pages and posts
Next, you need to create the Content for your website. To do this, add the pages. Click on Bluehost Menu from your WordPress dashboard. Then under Content > Pages, select Add New Page.
The pages that you display will depend on what type of site you are building. Here are some page types you might consider creating.
- Homepage This is where the majority of your visitors will land after visiting your website. Your homepage should be rich in imagery, include important Content, and have calls to action. This will ensure that your visitors are engaged and captured.
- About Page This page is crucial. You should share your story, explain your business’ philosophy and introduce your team.
- Contact page– Also, as a contact sheet, you can display opening hours, a map of the location, social media links, and many more.
- Portfolio If you can create beautiful portfolio pages, it will be a great way to show off your work.
- Blog: You should always consider adding a blog to your website. Blogs will help you attract new visitors to your site, update your website and aid with SEO.
5. Start your website
After you have created your Content and personalized your website’s look, it’s time to launch your website.
Bluehost offers a page called “Coming Soon” that activates automatically when you install WordPress. This page allows you to control the privacy settings for your website.
Once you can launch your site, click on the Launch your website button in the Bluehost WordPress dashboard. This will allow you to go live. This section provides useful information on “How to Connect Bluehost to WordPress”. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments box.